Music Video Final

Digipak Cover Final

Magazine Advert Cover

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Alter Egos

Here is a definition of an Alter ego that I found on Wikipedia:

An alter-ego is a second self, a second personality or persona within a person, who is often oblivious to the persona's actions. It was coined in the early nineteenth century when dissociative identity disorder was first described by psychologists.[1] A person with an alter-ego is said to lead a double life.A distinct meaning for alter-ego can be found in literary analysis, wherein it describes characters in different works who are psychologically similar, or a fictional character whose behavior, speech or thoughts intentionally represent those of the author. Similarly, alter-ego can be applied to the role or persona taken on by an actor or by other types of performers.

Alter-ego is also used to refer to the different behaviors any person may display in various situations. Related concepts include avatar, doppelgänger, impersonator, and split personality.


Beyoncé - Sasha Fierce

In 2008 when Beyonce released her debut new album 'I am... Sasha Fierce' I found an article from the Daily Mail on why she has created her new alter ego: In a recent interview with V Magazine, the 27-year-old explained that she has long felt like a totally

different person on stage, hence the name change. She said: 'When I'm onstage I'm aggressive and strong and not afraid of my sexuality. The tone of my voice gets different, and I'm fearless. I'm just a different person. 'It's a way for me to differentiate what I do onstage from who I really am - It's a way for me to not lose myself, to keep my life in perspective, because it's really hard sometimes to stay on earth when you're a celebrity.

'There's so much going on, and so many people give you whatever you want and say everything you do is great.'

Beyonce has often discussed her stage persona, previously known as simply just 'Sasha', over the years, but the singer is now bringing her to the fore and making the alter-ego more prominent than ever.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1087448/Beyonc-unveils-racy-alter-ego-Sasha-Fierce-didnt-mind-old-model-much.html#ixzz15Z9C7iG5

The image above shows Beyonce's natural, normal self and her more aggressive alter
ego on the left Sasha Fierce. I really like the idea of the girl in our video having an alter ego as we can show the realistic portrayal of the girl as quite shy, 'normal' and girlie which conforms the the pop genre and then have the girls other side very more powerful and dominant with alot more dramatic bright make up and flamboyant clothes.

Furthermore, we had the idea that we could have a split screen the girls face showing both sides of her alter ego. I made this image on the right from the other picture of Beyonce to demonstrate how the split screen idea would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment